Blog Archive

Friday 14 February 2020

Some recent Life Drawings

Despite good intentions I've had less time spent at my drawing and painting than I'd intended for the last couple of years. It's not that I haven't done any work - I've been questioning the approach I've been taking and changing my working methods. 
I'm determined to use photography less and to draw more, developing ideas through a series of drawings, before starting on a painting. A large part of this process has been driven by Life Drawing, both my own weekly practice at local drawing classes and through tutoring a class several times a term at the Eccleshall Library. 
So here are some recent drawings, including drawings in colour. (I've been really enjoying working with high quality Unison soft pastels.)
Three 5 minute studies

A 20 min drawing in charcoal

Two 5 minute charcoal studies

No comments:

Post a Comment