Blog Archive

Tuesday 21 March 2017

Positano Painting Commission

My solo exhibition is down from the walls of La Patisserie and it was, for me, a fairly successful exhibition. People's feedback was good and I sold 8 of the 31 pictures exhibited. I've got to make sure that the next exhibition happens soon-ish - it's no good having a space of several years between them.
Positano 
I've also been working on a commission, making a painting of Positano on the Amalfi Coast. I delivered that painting last week. It was an interesting painting for me to make as, in some ways, it's not the sort of subject I'd normally choose.
The buildings of the town rise steeply from the sea, piled on top of one another around the lower slopes of the mountainous Amalfi peninsula. The perspective is crazily complex with multiple vanishing points. However, I was attracted by the fact that it is still a mountain landscape, albeit one that's wrapped up with buildings and poised above the turquoise Mediterranean sea.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Joe, I have a question about your Positano painting. Do you have an email address or Facebook page I can contact you? Thank you very much Sandro

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sandro,
      I've been trying to reply but I'm not sure if I'm getting through. If you leave your email address here I'll contact you.

      Delete